The collected trip data is augmented, meaning each and every individual location during the trip is geo-data contextualized. Such information can be, but is not limited to:
- Environment information (e.g., urban, motorway or rural area, street name, points of interest);
- Road topology (e.g., speed limit, lane category, curvature, roundabout presence, road roughness);
- Traffic information (e.g., traffic speed);
- Traffic signals (e.g., presence of stop, yield or pedestrian crossing signs, animal crossing areas);
- Driving warnings (e.g., Illegal U-turn, forbidden driving direction);
- Weather conditions.
Motion-S provides an API for clients that want to augment trip data in real time. The data augmentation API documentation section contains details about the usage of the API.